Well, Hello There

Well, hello there! Thanks for stopping by to read my ramblings. I hope you find some amusing, perhaps inspiring or at least a good 'waste of time'.

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Don't Step on a Crack!


Do you remember that song you sang skipping and jumping over cracks in the school sidewalk?  "Don't step on a crack or you'll break your Mama's back!"  I don't know about her back, but I did a doozie on my own. I surely must have stepped, hopped, jumped, rolled over and ran across every crack twice!  Maybe I even licked those sidewalk cracks, but was too overcome with glue fumes in my adolescent years to remember.  This is one if the reasons I haven't posted in quite some time.  Another reason is that - I'm a slacker!  

So, here's an update:  Super Hubby is still super, Hot Rod is fantastic, and Princess is wonderful, I'm blessed for sure!  The past year was a very scary one for us all. Gun shot (yes, you read that right!) blood clots, several pulmonary embolisms, back messed up, humiliation, MG treatments...there for a minute or two it was a little more than a little scary! But, that's behind us and now we're trudging ahead with our chins up (kind of) and smiles on our faces.  I can't do all or even as much as I could last year but things could definitely be worse, and I'm so glad they're better than they were. I can once again make the beloved PB&J for Princess and I can, with the help of my trusty rollator make a stovetop dinner (can't do the oven because if that whole pesky lifting or bending forward thing to get stuff in there)!  And while I do have to lean onto the stovetop at times (ouchie!) in order to hold myself up, or sit down as I cook, there was a time not too long ago I did little more than exist.  The world was going on around me whilst living in a hospital bed!  God is Great - I cherish the little things even more now!

My super hubby was shot and no, he wasnt out hunting with Dick Cheney at the time.  He was in our backyard, bent forward and POW!  We live in PoDunkVille, in case you've forgotten, it's a quiet little place. You know the kind, where people say, "That type of stuff doesn't happen 'round here!"  Well, evidently it does. Idiots are everywhere I suppose.  They believe someone was shooting, or target practicing and they must've been a terrible shot with eyes worse than a drunk MGer with triple vision and missed it by a mile or two. Thank God He had Super Hubby bend forward at the time, it skimmed down his shoulder, through the muscles and tissues and lodged about seven inches below that. Police were called, EMTs arrived, he was angry - which is completely understandable I mean who would expect to walk in their QUIET yard and get the surprise of their life in the form of a huge bullet!  Thankfully he is all healed up with only a couple of scars. So. Very. Frightening!  When he got to the hospital, he informed them he had been shot. People start calling others alerting them of a 'GSW, stable condition...' Paperwork shoved my way and all that Man O' Mine is worried about is: "Get a picture! Can she get a picture?!" He was whisked away in a medical blur, people got quiet in the waiting room not so stealthily eavesdropping trying to find out what elicite behavior he was involved in warranting such retaliation. When they heard he was just walking through the yard the chatter picked back up.

Meanwhile, in the back, Super Hubby with a back of steel was stripping. They didn't play any Bow Chicka Wow Wow music, dim the lights, and let him slowly disrobe.  He didn't get a nice dinner and a movie. Nope, they skipped all those bases and headed right to the show me yours base (whatever that is, I forgot. *sigh* I'm old - lol).  They had him lifting, turning, pulling, raising, flipping, flopping all over in three seconds flat!  They didn't mess around! All those people whooshing about in a medical flurry taking care of him! Any other time I might be jealous of him getting that kinda action from others but I was just glad he was okay! 

Our little Hot Rod.  Even with the scene around him, the fear, confusion, people and sounds, our son knew exactly what one should do in such circumstance:  Pray. He prayed for his dad, for others who had been shot, and for the doctors to know how to help him.  An EMT was trying to comfort him, without realizing he was praying, saying how unbelievable a story he would have to share with his own children as I let the gentleman know he was praying.  He is becoming quite the young man. A young man anyone would be proud to call their child.  He is so kind, thoughtful, bright, funny, and cute to boot!!  And he is mine, mine, all mine.  Or at least I try to convince him of that anyway!

Princess, well considering how young she is, she handled it pretty well.  She cried, was scared, but I kept reassuring them both.  Once we saw their Super Daddy, the three of us took a collective sigh of relief!  She she's as funny as ever. That kid makes me laugh so hard sometimes, and she knows it too. Although I don't think she thinks she is as funny as I do.  Just last night, "Let me guess, you're going to laugh because you think I'm sooo cute..."  Could you read the eye roll in that statement?  Lol, she is comical whether she sees it or not, I do ;^) .

Well, That's a snippet of what's been going on in PoDunkVile!

No comments:

Post a Comment