Well, Hello There

Well, hello there! Thanks for stopping by to read my ramblings. I hope you find some amusing, perhaps inspiring or at least a good 'waste of time'.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Sweet Talkin'

I don’t normally blog this close together, but sometimes something comes up and inspires you. My life and those around me are what and who prompt me to write and today is no different.

Last night I was in Princess’ bed with her, Hot Rod was in his, and we had the walkie-talkies to talk between rooms. After playing with the walkie-talkies for a while it’s prayer time. I initiate, followed by Hot Rod and lastly comes Princess. Her prayers always make me smile, she changes the words and I never correct the misspoken words, she’s trying, it’s adorable and I’m pretty sure God doesn’t mind. She’s reciting Our Father and then she says “….give us this day our daily breath…”. Hey, she’s as thankful for her breathing as she is for her bread!  I smile, and then I ponder what she’s said.

Give us this day our daily breath…

We all take things for granted and when is the last time you thanked God for something as simple as breathing? With MG, I find that I’ve thanked God and prayed for things I never considered asking for before this diagnosis. Breathing is second-nature, it’s not something we think about doing it’s just something we do, but sometimes our bodies get tired and breathing becomes a challenge. Maybe I should take lessons from our daughter and thank God for the simple things too!

No comments:

Post a Comment