Well, Hello There

Well, hello there! Thanks for stopping by to read my ramblings. I hope you find some amusing, perhaps inspiring or at least a good 'waste of time'.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Proud Mommy Moments

We had a garage sale, as we try to each year.  Hot Rod and Princess love it because during the sale they sell lemonade. In reality, they made their money by selling it to Granny, Pap, Mommy and Daddy - but it's theirs nonetheless.  The money they made they want 'to give to poor people'.  I sat and listened as Hot Rod and Princess had a conversation which went like this:

Princess:  "Look at all of the money we made from selling lemonade.  We can even buy stuff with it!" 
Hot Rod:  "Yeah, or we can even give it to the poor!  We can use the money to help people who are poor." 
Princess:  "Yeah I learned in my CCD that it's good to give things to people who are poor.  It's good to give them things you don't like and things you do like!"   

A few minutes later, Princess came to me and said:  "Mommy, can we give this momey (lol) to poor people?"  with quarters spilling from her tiny hands.

I smiled, my heart swelled, and I told them both soon the Salvation Army would start having people out ringing bells and taking up money for people who are poor and they could put some of their money in those buckets if they'd like.  Hot Rod then said:  "Yeah, I want to do that, and I want to take some of the money and buy food for poor people and put in the chest at church!"
They don't want to keep any of it, they want to give money and give food...they're so, so sweet and make me so very proud to be their mom!  I didn't get involved in their conversation because I wanted to see where it went and I'm glad I was able to witness it!

Before this conversation took place, Hot Rod excitedly stood and told me that he 'accidentally pulled his tooth!'.  He has been worrying that tooth for a while now and it simply fell out, and he was very happy with it!  He should go as a Jack-O-Lantern for Halloween because right now he's missing four teeth and has another one which is very wiggly.  Instead, he's decided to go as a Zombie Skate Punk, though I'm not sure how well he would be able to feast upon the flesh of others while missing so many teeth...maybe we should look into kiddie dentures for him!  If the teeth don't come in before Christmas I foresee many a serenade of "All I Want For Christmas is My Two Front Teeth".

Princess is going as Cinderella for Halloween and informed me that she knows what she wants to be for the next few years..."This year I want to be Cinderella, then I want to be Sleeping Beauty and then I want to be Snow White!"   I would say the dress up heels Granny and Pap bought her have inspired her - the only one she didn't say she wanted to be, for which she has the dress up shoes, is Belle.  She's very excited to get to go as Cinderella this year, and wants to wear her dress up heels and makeup.  I'm not sure what it is she's most excited about - the dress, heels or make up. 

While at the pet store Princess picked out a pirate sweater for Gigi to wear this Halloween.  I looked for a Dorothy costume for her as she does look similar to Toto and thought it would be cute for her but they had none, Super Hubby just laughed and shook his head.  He's not one of the people who think dogs should wear clothes - but my retort?  "She's little, she gets cold!"  he laughs more, shakes his head and I smile.  I love them all!

Super Granny and Rotten Pap are coming to visit again and help us with Hot Rod and Princess. while I have infusions and a little surgery.  While they're here they'll get to see Hot Rod at basketball practice - he will love that!  Princess loves that Rotten Pap teases her - I expect there to be many an accusation of big stinky toes, belly button bugs, and one being more rotten than the other - it's adorable watching and listening to these two people generations apart, yet born on the same day, tease each other!  And Hot Rod, I'm sure he'll be suckering Super Granny into play game after game of Beyblade...  Then us adults, we'll play some pinochle - and of course us girls will win!!

Life isn't always easy, but when you have the kind of family I married into as well as the family Super Hubby and I have created - there is always something to look around and be grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment