Well, Hello There

Well, hello there! Thanks for stopping by to read my ramblings. I hope you find some amusing, perhaps inspiring or at least a good 'waste of time'.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

That Nasty Old Witch! That Nasty Old Witch...What Movie Do You Think We're Watching?

Today's catastrophe...The Little Mermaid is LOST!!  Yes, yes I know, terrible tragedy isn't it?!  That's okay Princess has opted to watch The Wizard of Oz in its' lieu.  So, what does one need in order to watch The Wizard of Oz?  Full dress up regalia, of course!  Poor Daddy, he woke up and came to check on us at just the right time to be given the request of getting out Princess' Dorothy costume.  Being ever so dutiful he went to get her costume, helped her put it on and then went back to bed.  A few minutes later Princess ran off to her room and then back with hair bows because no one can be a proper Dorothy and be missing her pigtails with bows that match her dress!!  Here's the conversation:
 
Me:  "So, you need hair bows too?"
Princess:  "Well, Yeah!  I want to be just like her!!"  *pause*  "Only I can't be as tall as her..."
Me:  "Well, that's okay you'll be taller one day."
Princess:  "Yeah, and I might watch even watch it when I'm taller!"
 
So, here we have it, a complete Dorothy bedecked Princess watching The Wizard of Oz and Glenda, the Good Witch appears.  Princess looks over at me, voice soft, sweet and in awe says "She's so beautiful!".   She continues watching it and I hear things like "That nasty old witch!  That nasty old witch!" and look over to see her laying on the floor, dressed as Dorothy and holding a foam sword - I guess in the movie Dorothy forgot her pirate sword...I sure do love these times - so funny, so innocent, so lovable!!
 
In other news, Hot Rod lost another tooth!  Yesterday he was wiggling his front tooth and told me that he thought it was ready to be pulled.  I didn't think so but he told me whether it was ready to come out or not he was ready to pull it.  So, off to the bathroom we went.  He started to pull it, and then he stopped and I asked if he wanted me to try.  He did, so I held the tooth and twisted just a tiny bit.  It popped, and startled me (lol) as I wasn't prepared for the tooth to really be ready to come out.  So he reached in, grabbed his tooth and pulled it out.  It was ready, he's one tooth short and one dollar richer!  Three more teeth on top are wiggly, so I suspect he'll be losing at least one more tooth in the next few weeks.  I can't believe how quickly they're growing up, but I'm glad I'm along for the ride and loving every minute of it!!
 
Gonna go now, the flying monkeys are on the loose, Dorothy is missing and Toto has been taken while a witch is trying to steal some sparkling shoes!!  I'll bet Dorothy wishes she had remembered her pirate sword at times like this...oh well a bucket of water is all she needed "Aaah, I'm melting, I'm melting!"

No comments:

Post a Comment